Monday, March 16, 2009

Leftover French Bread

I love buying fresh french bread or baguettes at the grocery store - but it always seems that I don't eat it fast enough and I have to throw away 1/3 of it away. So in attempts to save money and use what I do buy I figured out a couple ways to use it up:

1. Homemade croutons - cut the bread into 1 in. cubes and spread out on a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil, garlic salt, pepper, paprika and parsley. Place in a pre-heated broiler and broil about 5-7 minutes. Watch them, some ovens are stronger than others!! When lightly browned and crispy take out. Store in an air tight container for a couple weeks.

2. Garlic Bread - Since you have to toast up the bread anyway - why not.

3. French toast - a yummy treat

4. Soup Crouton - Toast each slice with some shredded cheese on top. Float on your lunch soup - the cheese toast will get warm and mushy on the bottom. Very yummy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment